The motto on our school crest which greets visitors to our main Reception means ‘Progress with the People’ and throughout most of Langdon’s history the school has enjoyed an outstanding reputation for progress.
The Academy’s first set of GCSE results, last year, were the best in Langdon’s history and we’re delighted to announce that this year’s progress measure is even higher! We have delivered on the promises we made to our students and parents that the progress would be maintained and improved and that the Langdon focus is to ensure maxi-mum progress for students of all abilities.
However, we will never be happy to rest on past achievements and recognise that our best years lie ahead.
GCSE 2016 RESULTS
Please see below, the headline figures and links to the government tables:
- Progress 8 Score = +0.07 ; Newham: +0.22 ; England: -0.03
- Attainment 8 Grade = 47.8 (Newham: 50.9; England: 48.5 )
- % achieving grade C or above in English & Maths = 55% (Newham: 63.1%; England: 59.3%)
- % achieving English Baccalaureate = 37% (Newham: 31%; England: 23.1%)
- School performance data
GCSE Results 2015
Progress 8 score: 0.09
Attainment 8 score – 48.29
Percentage of pupils who got a good pass in English and maths – 59%
Percentage of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate – 46%
KEY STAGE 2 (Data available from 2018)
- percentage of pupils who’ve achieved the expected standard in reading, writing and maths
- average progress that pupils have made in reading between KS1 and KS2
- average progress that pupils have made in writing between KS1 and KS2
- average progress that pupils have made in maths between KS1 and KS2
- percentage of pupils who’ve achieved a higher standard in reading, writing and maths
- your pupils’ average score in the reading test
- your pupils’ average score in the maths test