Year 7 Catch-up Premium
Year 7 Catch-up Premium Grant Report: 2016-17
The Department for Education has allocated £500 per pupil for the number of year 7 pupils who did not achieve at least a level 4 in reading and/or mathematics at Key Stage 2. This is based on Key Stage 2 data and the autumn school census.
• In 2016-17 the allocation of funds for this purpose to LangdonAcademy is £22,000 (44 students)
In 2016-17 these monies are being used to fund:
• A reading intervention programme: Accelerated Reader
• Small group intensive support on ‘reading for meaning'
• 1:1 LSA support and intervention with literacy and numeracy throughout the curriculum
• The purchase of texts and resources for small, specifically focused classes in English and Mathematics (extra time given across the curriculum)
• 1:1 reading mentors
• Ninja Numeracy
• CPD / Twilight training working with nurture groups