You can check to see if your child might be eligible for Free School Meals please click here to visit the Newham website
Secondary Global DINING HALL
Students may take school meals (or smaller snacks) either at break-time or lunchtime. A discount is offered for a complete meal (known as a meal deal), which costs £2.00. A meal deal comprising of :-
- A main course with a drink; or
- A main course with a desert.
A main course option consists of the following:-
- Hot meal of the day
- Light bite (e.g,. toastie, pizza slice, jacket potato etc)
Taken individually, the prices for main courses range from £1.30 upwards.
Meal Deals - Hot meal and a Drink £2.05
Main Meal only £1.75
Hot Snacks from £1.00 - £1.50 - Pizza Slice / Hot wraps
Deli Choice - Baguettes / Wraps / Sandwiches / Super Salad bowls £1.50
Fruit Pots / Yogurts 40p
Drinks - Water / Juice drinks / - 50p
Food Menu (Autumn 2017) for primary and secondary phase
|Secondary Phase||Primary Phase|
|Breakfast Club from 7.30am to 8am in the Global Dining
Students can get breakfast before the school day starts - A Free drink and breakfast items include egg, beans, toast etc.
Breakfast Club starts at 7.45am in the primary hall. Access at this time is via the main primary reception.
Breakfast is £2.00. This covers supervision and breakfast. For those eligible for Free School Meals this is reduced to 50p.
The school operates a cashless catering system. Students may pay for their food by swiping their photo ID card (given to all secondary phase students by the school). The benefits of using a cashless system for parents are:
- If your child is entitled to a free school meal, the system will recognise this automatically.
- Your child does not need to carry cash.
- You can rest assured that the money will be spent on a school dinner.
If you want to add credit to your child’s cashless account – remember that you don’t need to do so if your child is on Free School Meals, although you can add credit if you wish by:-
- Using your ParentPay account to add funds by debit/credit card over the internet – you will need your ParentPay log-in details to do this.
- Using the school’s cash loaders – your child can access our cash loaders at various location points in the school.
Primary Phase school meals at lunchtime are offered to all students free of charge.