All children are expected to complete home learning tasks each week. This enables them to consolidate their learning, deepen understanding and prepare for the work to come. Homework acts as a bridge between school and home and informs parents of the learning that is taking place each week in school.
Each day your child should:
Read and record their reading in their home reading book and then ask a parent to sign the book.
- EYFS, year 1 and year 2 use Bug Club login.
- Year 3,4,5 and 6 have a book that when they have finished they need to complete a quiz on.
Practise phonics/spellings and number bonds/times tables.
Complete a task set by their teacher on Mathletics login
Each week they should look at the homework grid and choose a home learning activity to do:
- Swimming - these tasks focus on rehearsing/remembering skills. These should take a small amount of time to do
- Snorkelling - these task require more explanation and understanding
- Diving - these tasks require the most amount of time and focus on creating/applying learning from the classroom. These should take the most amount of time to do.
Clink on the link below for your child's homework grid for this half term.
EYFS Homework Grid Spring 1