At Langdon Academy, in the primary phase, we welcome parents and guardians into our school on a regular basis. This spans a wide range of activities from coffee mornings, to learning alongside the children and volunteering in class. Other events and volunteering opportunities include:
- Coffee mornings, including some with special guests and foci e.g. speech and language and conflict resolution
- Phonics champions and Reading Volunteers run by trained parent volunteers
- Parent workshops in a range of subjects including grammar, phonics and maths
- Supporting enrichment activities e.g. Book fairs, winter festivals red nose day global fair, winter raffle, children in need etc..
- Afterschool parent & child ICT clubs
- Trip volunteering
- Menu/school dinner tasting
- Second hand uniform shop
All volunteers have rigorous induction programme which includes safeguarding and child protection training.
If you would like to find out more information please contact Ms Kaur via the school office.