Values and Ethos
The Langdon Ethos
Progressio Cum Populo
At Langdon Academy, we believe that working in partnership with all our stakeholders, contributes to our students becoming successful learners. Positive relationships builds trust, confidence and benefits our students in the long term.
Success Through Effort and Determination
We passionately believe that all students can be successful if they show real effort and determination to do their best. We know that this is true and can point to the success of many of our former and current students to prove the point.
We celebrate success and applaud effort and determination whenever our students really go ‘the extra mile’ to be the best that they can be. This may be shown in lessons, in clubs, through homework, through helping others, or through any contribution to the rich life of our school or the local community.
Rewarding effort and determination is at the heart of our philosophy as a school. We have many academically able students in our school, but our system encourages students of all abilities to be outstanding. That’s one of the reasons why our students are making good progress in their learning.
Our School Mission Statement
The values which underpin everything we do are expressed in our Mission Statement:
- At Langdon Academy we encourage ambition, a positive self-image and pride in achievement.
- Within a stimulating learning environment, we motivate, challenge and support all members of the school in pursuit of excellence.
- We value each individual and confront all forms of discrimination and prejudice.
- We develop a strong sense of community based on listening to, caring for, co-operating with and encouraging others.
- In partnership with parents, governors and the wider community we seek to enrich the quality of school life, make learning enjoyable and empower all our members to realise their potential and to contribute fully to the society of which they are a part.
The Langdon Skillset
- We recognise that a top quality education consists of much more than just academic qualifications. The skills and qualities which we instill in our young people will have a profound impact on the quality of their lives and their future opportunities. Their personal and social strengths will be integral to everything they achieve. At Langdon Academy we work hard to develop students who are: