All children are expected to complete home learning tasks each week. This enables them to consolidate their learning, deepen understanding and prepare for the work to come. Homework acts as a bridge between school and home and informs parents of the learning that is taking place each week in school.
Each day your child should:
Read and record their reading in their home reading book and then ask a parent to sign the book.
- EYFS, year 1 and year 2 use Bug Club login.
- Year 3,4,5 and 6 have a book that when they have finished they need to complete a quiz on.
Practise phonics/spellings and number bonds/times tables.
Complete a task set by their teacher on Mathletics login
Each week they should look at the homework grid and choose a home learning activity to do:
- Swimming - these tasks focus on rehearsing/remembering skills. These should take a small amount of time to do
- Snorkelling - these task require more explanation and understanding
- Diving - these tasks require the most amount of time and focus on creating/applying learning from the classroom. These should take the most amount of time to do.
Clink on the link below for your child's homework grid for this half term.